Set Your Inner Child Free!

As I took a shower this morning, I found my mind relaxed and wandering off.  As my brain rambled, my thoughts became stuck on one thing...something I used to do as a child.  I held the shampoo bottle as it if was an Oscar and gave my acceptance speech.  I found it very gratifying accepting the award for best actress and best score of which I wrote and sang.  I of course made sure I thanked the Academy and all of the industry people who brought me to that moment.  I gave a nod to my husband and God.  It felt so good playing in my childhood imaginary world that I allowed myself to win an Emmy, Grammy and Tony as well.  Each acceptance speech was more stunning than the last.  To top it off, I made sure I was on the best-dressed list at each ceremony…Joan Rivers had nothing on me!  It was the best shower I have ever had.  I think I will make that my new tradition on Sundays…act like a child for 10 minutes.  Maybe next week I will use the bar of soap to give my imaginary friend a call…the last time we talked she was living next door to Big Bird and on her way to a vacation at Fraggle Rock. She and I have a lot of catching up to do!
Word up, Peace out--Susan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the inner child in you!

Anonymous said...

Great one Ny Wife Love you.