Angels Help Us in Strange Ways

So...I noticed that my mother-in-law had a few scratch off lottery tickets that she had not "done" yet.  Being that I am considering petitioning the Olympic committee to add speed scratching lotto tickets to their esteemed athletic roster, I was anxious to have her rub the silver crayon type coated cards.  She won a few dollars and I was ecstatic!  So much so that in our travels today, I made my husband stop at a gas station so that I could buy a few myself…for some of us winning the lottery is the only chance at retirement we may have.  So I scratched and I won $2!  Whoo hoo!  I was over the moon!  Then I scoured off the varnish on the next ticket and holy mother of pearl I won again!  This time I hit the jackpot...I won $100!  I felt like Charlie finding the last golden ticket!  I could not believe my eyes and my husband certainly did not believe me until I cashed it and flashed the cash.  I felt so lucky.  Then, I realized luck had nothing to do with it.  I rarely wear an opal ring that belonged to my Grandmother.  Not because I don't love the ring, but it only fits on my pinky finger and I am so afraid I will damage it or it will fall off.  But today I was compelled to wear the ring, and I believe that my winnings were a small reminder to me that she is always with me and watching over me whether I'm wearing the jewelry or not.  I am at peace knowing that I am watched over and protected by my Grandmother, a true Superwoman that I hope I can emulate. 



Word Up...Peace Out--Susan

No comments: