Don't Hate....Celebrate

Strong women need to support each other.  But how do you know if you are tough enough to do that?  Ask yourself this question: when another woman gets something I want, what do I do about it?  Some of you may say that you would congratulate her for her achievement.  Some of you might say that you would not congratulate her because your jealousy is too overwhelming to do so.  Then there are the few that will congratulate the woman, but then do everything you can behind her back to diminish her prize.  What is your answer?  Depending at what time of my life this question was asked of me, I would have picked each of the options at one point or another.  Then I grew up.  I began to understand not only the meaning of self-confidence, but also how to employ it in my heart and soul.  I learned that pride is a good thing...and I am the only one that controls that pride.  So now, who I am today, I celebrate the win with and for the person.  I know I am not a hero and cannot win every trophy possible, but my self-esteem is not wrapped in accolades, so when I do not get one, my spirit remains intact.  I’m not Superwoman…I’m just trying to look like her.
Word Up...Peace Out--Susan

No comments: