When You Don't Feel Well...Pretend You Do

So...I had a Hysterectomy.  Whoopee!  I told my OBGYN the "lady" problems I was having, what I wanted to do about it, and after 5 minutes of conversation I was scheduled for the surgery.  The surgery was simple: 3 holes in my abdomen/pelvis area, a little CO2 in the abdominal cavity, some manipulation of  funky tools and poof...uterus gone!  Then an easy recuperation.  Physical recovery about 2 weeks...emotional recovery...well that was never discussed.  I was the one who wanted to get the useless, painful organ ripped from my body asap, so what's my problem?  Hormones I thought.  Nothing a little increase in the Prozac won't help, but it didn't do the trick.  Add in a little more caffeine and that will keep me chemically energized.  It did, but after my work day ended the feelings came back.  "Crap" I said, "now I have to actually face these emotions and deal with them."  Since I'm not Superwoman I can't just get over the sense of loss and feelings of needing to cry a river for no real cause.  Therefore, I'm going to fake it 'til I make it so to speak.  I shed my tears, freaked out and now I'm ready to sell my stock in Kleenex and keep a smile on my face.  Even when I want to bawl like a baby because I'm one body part light...I'm going to smile instead!  I'm not Superwoman....I'll just look like her.  


Word up...Peace Out--Susan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sug Love your Blog. Dave

Unknown said...

HOORAY!!! Welcome back Susan!!! Used to love reading your snippets... Hang in there, the emotions will all sort themselves out, unfortunately it takes some time...been there done that.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your blog!