Dispassion is the Fashion


My definition of manners is quite simple.  In fact, it falls right in line with the Golden Rule, “do unto others as you’d have done to you.”  Be kind to others and they will be kind to you.  It is a simple theory with the core revolving around basic manners.  Again, it is simple…right?  Well, it used to be.  Nowadays the Golden Rule seems like such a foreign concept that I wonder if humanity and consideration really ever existed or are they illusions from a time long passed.  Despite this, I will not change my values, nor will I lower myself to be like those who have none.  I have come to be unsurprised by disrespect, as it seems en vogue these days.  Dispassion is the fashion.  It is painful to know that the protocol for etiquette is to be self-centered and rude.  Instead of people saying, “Please may I,” it is now a demand of what is wanted minus the please.  Moreover, do not even think about hearing “thank you” as I am convinced that those words might turn someone’s tongue to dust if they even mutter one syllable.  It can drive you insane if you think about it.  I keep wondering how people can survive being so self-absorbed and obnoxious.  In fact, I truly feel sorry for those who conduct themselves so sophomorically, as they will never know true generosity and gratitude.  I even pray that they will see the light and realize “you can catch more bees with honey than vinegar.”  I hope God hears my prayers.  I also hope he gives me the strength to keep my feet on the ground, so I do not lift one of them to kick some asses!   I’m not Superwoman…I just look like her!

Word up...Peace Out

No comments: